Hijack is known for making funk-fuelled house music with heavy beats and huge grooves. His distinct sound fuses house and techno with a variety of influences, from the funky loops of 70s disco to the boompty beats of Chicago’s shuffly house music.
Since 2006 Hijack has been establishing himself as one of underground dance music’s rising stars, remixing the likes of Moby, Adam Freeland, and Magik Johnson on labels such as Skint, Underwater and his own label, Jack Union Records.
His music has been played and supported by the likes of Switch, the Crookers, Fatboy Slim, Riva Starr, Kissy Sellout and Annie Mac, and is a regular feature on radio shows and dance floors the world over.
Hijack’s DJ sets are packed with unreleased tracks and re-edits and have a unique sound that has led to regular appearances at venues and festivals across Europe, the USA, Australia, and South Africa, for some of the world’s biggest venues and club brands.
Jon’s Jack Union label has featured productions from the likes of house heavyweights Switch, Trevor Loveys, and Lee Mortimer, and its original style of booming house music has attracted an army of followers.
In the coming months Hijack and Jack Union will be releasing more music than ever, with new original EPs, remixes and DJ mixes, and continuing to move crowds at clubs and festivals worldwide.
DJ Hijack – Heart Attack (Happy Valentine’s Day Mix)
1. “Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele (Thomas Gold Remix) [0:00]
2. “Cosmic Love” by Florence + the Machine (Morgan Page Remix) [2:45]
3. “Pressure” by. Nadia Ali, Starkillers & Kenji (Alesso Remix) vs. “Happy Violence (Original Mix)” by Dada Life [4:55]
4. “Jagger Bomb” by 3LAU [7:14] vs. “Koko” by Sander van Doorn vs. “Rolling in the Deep (Acapella)” by Adele [9:10]
5. “Sunshine” by David Guetta & Avicii (Pixel Cheese) [11:25] vs. “Lunar” by David Guetta & Afrojack vs. “Sex on Fire (Acapella)” by Kings of Leon [13:37]
6. “Fade Into Darkness” by Avicii vs. “We Found Love” by Rihanna (Coco Bootleg) [Hijack Edit] [16:22]
7. “You Da One” by Rihanna (Liam Keegan Remix) [21:36]
8. “I’m in Love (Vocal Mix)” by Alex Gaudino [24:04]